[bookport] Re: Book Port Retractable Cable

  • From: "Walt Smith" <WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:13:40 -0400

Recently, I bought a little kit that contains one of these retractable
USB cables and a wide variety of connectors and adapters. I think I paid
around $13, including shipping, from a place called:

http://www.usbgear.com

Frankly, I don't recommend these retractable cables for day-to-day use
because they're extremely lightweight and don't look like they'd stand
up very well over extended use. If you're concerned about excess cable
getting tangled up, just roll it up and tie it off using a couple of
those wire twisty thingies that come on most packages of baked goods
like bread or sandwich buns.