[bookport] Re: Bluetooth headphones

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:47:43 +1300

Hi Lois and list:

Bluetooth is a form of radio communication. It isn't line-of-sight. It's range is short, around 30 feet (10 Metres). It keeps you from being tied to a wire but you have to stay within range of the transmition in order to keep receiving it. You probably wouldn't want to travel too far from it anyway because while some bluetooth headphones do offer volume control and of course, on/off control for the headphones, they don't give you a means of controlling the audio source, such as the book port. So the chief advantage then is no cable to get tangled in. Wear the book port wherever is suitable and keep the headphone adapter plugged in.

Cheers,
Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>