[bookport] Beta 2.0.2 and betas in general

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:44:56 -0400

OK, we have identified and corrected the problem with those of you who
were accidentally blessed with the priveledge of beta testing even when
that is not what you wanted.

If you already downloaded and installed the beta, no problem.  As
others on the list have mentioned 2.0.1 is stable except for a couple of
very small issues which we have corrected in beta 2.0.2.  You will,
however, not get notified about 2.0.2, and neither will any of the folks
that really do want to be beta testers.  Anyone else who has updated to
the release 2.0 will no longer get notified about the existence of 2.01
or 2.02.

Hopefully, by Monday, there will be an official release named 2.1 that
corrects the problems in beta 2.01.  There is already a release
candidate for 2.1, but it is in beta.  I will outline the process for
those who want to test 2.02 in a separate message.

For those of you who did not want to be beta testers, on Monday, you
will get an update notice that will update you to the release of 2.1,
and you will no longer be using beta software or firmware.