[bookport] Re: Battery level questions

  • From: "Walt Smith" <WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:13:53 -0500

Yes, I've used both NiMH and the new 15-minute quick charging batteries.
I don't think that either lasts as long as a pair of new alkalines and
definitely not as long as the lead ion batteries, but because they're
rechargeable, they're convenient. I've become particularly fond of the
15-minute batteries because they're so fast to recharge. You cannot
depend on the battery indicator when using anything but alkalines. For
example, when running the quick charge batteries, I've seen the battery
indicator drop from 98% (I've never seen it get to 100%) to something
like 83% within an hour or so of starting to use them. Then, however,
the percentage drops very slowly and they last me at least a week,
running the BP for probably an average of four or five hours a day.=20