[bookport] Re: Babbling

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:46:57 -0400

Dale:

What do you mean by "Babbles"? Does it just go nuts and start speaking =
random characters? How long has it been doing this?

I assume it did it before you installed the beta firmware. If so, it =
sounds like you have a hardware problem.

Rob Meredith

>>> drlieser@xxxxxxx 06/04/04 08:07PM >>>
Supposedly with the firmware update in operation, my BP still babbles.  A
reset command stops the speech momentarily, and brings the following
message:  "Defaults restored. Book Port 1 1 test 7".  Obviously, I'm not
sure whether the numbers are actual digits, or merely words--not that it
changes anything for me.  When I put the batteries in after they'd been =
out
for about 20 minutes, there was no persistent speech, but the version =
number
was the old one.  What to do?

Dale