[bookport] Re: BP lock

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:02:19 -0500

Yes, there is.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/14/07 05:32PM >>>
No one asked Larry about an on/off switch last night.  Rob's
discussion about Bookport2 doesn't really apply now.  So, Pamela, if
you can tell us... if you even know, will there be an on/off switch
on the new BP?

At 04:16 PM 3/14/2007, Lou Kolb wrote:
>Not true, Dory.  The reset combination also works.  You could also say
that
>they all work in that any key pressed while in lock state powers up
the unit
>even if only for ten seconds.  This isn't really a problem since the
battery
>drain is negligible, but I have had many instances when the unit,
while
>locked and in my pocket has gone from lock state into locked up state
if you
>know what I mean.  This requires a reset to fix and of course any
settings
>that are different from the defaults must be reprogrammed.  I also
suspect
>that while it is in the locked-up state,it is drawing power.  Several
times,
>I've come back to the unit after hours away only to find it locked up
and
>the battery considerably lower than it should be.  Again, it's a
minor
>annoyance given the wonderful things the Book Port does, but I'd like
to see
>it changed.  I guess an on-off switch would take care of it.  Lou

Sandy Licht

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are
plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me
in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by
you," says the Lord.