[bookport] Re: BP Questions

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:33:00 -0400

Stan:

Usually, there are two things that get updated: the Book Port Firmware and the
Book Port Transfer (which is the software).  Perhaps you've done the firmware
and not the software.  You can check it by running the Book Port Transfer
software separately and see if it still wants to update.  If it does, let it do
it.  Then, it'll go away.  Remember that it will check for updates at startup,
whether there is one or not.  You can turn that off if you wish, but then you
have to remember to check it periodically, so you'll stay updated.  Also, since
you're having problems transferring the Daisy material, it might be a good idea
to run the Book Wizard Reader program by itself and let it check for its own
update.  If it doesn't, you might try going to the Help menu and pick the
"Check For Updates" and see if there is one.  That might solve both of your
problems, since the two pieces of software work together.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> stanrob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/15/07 12:26AM >>>
As a newbie I have two questions to ask:

On startup a screen message appears informing me of an upgrade to the BP
transfer software. This same message appears, on startup, regardless of the
number of times I have downloaded the upgrade.

What is the reason for this?

Whilst trying to transfer some "Daisy" books to the BP, this screen message
appears.

"Bad parameters". This message does not appear when transferring some "Daisy"
books to the BP.

Why is this so?

Stan.