[bookport] Re: BP 2 Being up front

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:33:46 -0500

Hi Rick and others:

I'm not Keith, Because since there was so much trouble with talking about the
Book Port 2 prematurely, it was decided within customer service to adopt the
pollicy of saying it has been put on hold indefinitely, until further notice
and not give a date.  Since posting that statement to the list several weeks
ago, some of you have still tried to pinpoint a date and others have posted
saying they've heard it could be a year or 2.  We discussed this thoroughly and
decided not to give a time estimate, which is what I've done.  Now, here we are
all again.  If we say it'll be a year and then it's not, you'll get upset.  If
we say 1 year and it's 2, then you'll get upset.  This was exactly why we
thought it better to say "indefinitely" or "put on hold."
From the statement:

APH has been working on the successor to Book Port, dubbed Book Port II,  for
several months. Unfortunately, hardware problems with one of the suppliers has
put an unavoidable delay in the process.
We now expect that Book Port II will not be available in the near future. It is
difficult to predict with any accuracy when the newly redesigned device will
reach the marketplace.
APH will do everything in its power to reduce this time to market, but we want
to be honest with our customers and allow them to make plans.

Hmmmm.

I don't know what more I can do?  I don't know what more I can say!

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/09/07 12:14PM >>>
Keith,

I can live with that and completely understand your situation there.  My
question then is why is anyone at APH telling the public the product is
shelved permanently?  If you say it's not then I believe you.  I'd just like
to know why there is a difference in what we are being told from APH itself?

Thanks,

Rick

--
Visit my webpage and podcast feed at: