[bookport] Audio CD ripping bit rate advice

  • From: "Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D." <kramk@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:12:13 -0500

I'm preparing to rip a number of audio CD's to load onto my bookport and am
seeking advice / opinions regarding desirable bit rates that will give the
largest amount of quality sound. I'm not a discriminating audiophile, but I do
like good sound. The program I'm using, EZ-CD-DA, lists the options as: CD
quality, Near-CD quality, or selections in a range from 320 Kbps to 128 Kbps.

I'd appreciate any advice from those of you in the know about this.

Thanks in advance.

Keith