[bookport] Re: Audible transfer error

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 08:18:10 -0400

Scott:

Since reformatting didn't help, you might try creating a folder off of
the root folder, or try changing the Default Folder, because there is a
problem with having too many files in the main folder--even if you only
have a few, if they have really long names, this can be an issue.  So,
try that and see if it helps.  If not, then you could have a bad card.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> hudd61@xxxxxxxxxx 07/07/06 12:56AM >>>
I'm having trouble transferring Audible books to my bookport.  I have a
1gb card which says it has 9    76.8mb available and has 976.4mb free.
When I start a transfer of an Audible book, I've tried three different
ones, it goes along fine for a while and then I get this:
FFAPHAud: FFMP3: Flash Card Is FullFunction: Write Data
Request Count: 131072
Count Written: 0

I have transferred Audible books in the past with no problems onto this
same card.  I've tried formatting the card 3 different times; once in
the bookport, no result change, once in the computer and immediately
following this with another format in the bookport, still no change.
I've run the error checking under windows XP,
allowing windows to try fixing bad sectors and other file system
problems with no change.  I've tried the bookport command 2+B to reset
defaults with no change either.  The card is not very old, and I have
not transferred large amounts of files onto or off the card.  I'm
running Windows XP Home and version 2.2 of the software and firmware.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

        Scott