[bookport] Re: Audible settings

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:08:35 -0600

You won't lose anything. You may not have been on the list when this issue was discussed earlier, but it isn't really necessary to activate Book Port or Book Courier, probably because they are devices specifically created for people with disabilities. The activation process for these devices probably answers the need to keep everything legal, but several of us have downloaded and played Audible.com's files prior to activation, or, in some cases, without bothering to do so. It's good not to be worried about losing activations, because this happened to me during a severe thunderstorm which took out two well-protected computers. Audible.com readily reset my activations, of course, but it's nice not to go through all this with Book Port.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Norton" <joenorton1@xxxxxxxxxxx>