[bookport] Re: Audible screwing up my bookport

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:19:38 -0500

Steve:

There is nothing Audible could have done to screw up your Book Port,
unless the files were manipulated or unless you tampered with the Book
Port directory.   However, I'm wondering if there wasn't something
changed in the Transfer, which could have resulted in this behavior.
Try uninstalling the Book Port Transfer software, but before
reinstalling it, be sure to delete the hidden files in c:\documents and
settings\all users\application data\aph\ezb.dll

Once you've deleted that file, download and install:

http://www.aph.org/tech/bp_setup.exe

By installing this download, this will assure you get the proper
version of Book Port Transfer and that it contains the correct
translator.

Then, once you are able to transfer .brf files again and want to tackle
Audible files, we can work on that separately.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> scullen7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/26/07 11:46AM >>>
Hi Everyone,
I am having a problem with bookport and audible. when I upload a
bookport
file in the brf format. on my bookport I am getting files like
lastmission.brf-aa and there is another file which comes up which I
can't
recall off of the top of my head. I have deleted all audible files off
of my
bookport. how can I resolve this problem? thank you al l for any help.
Please feel free to email me at
SCullen7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sincerely,
Steve Cullen