[bookport] Re: Apparent incompatibility with BP Transfer and XP Service Pack3.

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 08:28:26 -0400

Sandy:

Please make sure you are using Book Port Transfer version 2.4.1.0. There was a
version before this one which was only available for a few days that had the
problem you are describing.

Rob

>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx 05/14/08 02:03AM >>>
I have installed XP SP3 for its improved security.  When I open
Bookport Transfer, I can transfer 3 files at the most to my
Bookport.  Then Bookport Transfer crashes.  I can open the program
again and transfer 3 more files, but then it will crash once
again.  I can do this ad nauseam.  However, if I attempt to transfer
folders, I am asked if I want Windows to send an error report.  Then
the software will not open at all again until after the next
reboot.  I know I have briefly mentioned this problem.  I am hoping
the APH developers can take a look and see what can be done to fix it.

Thanks.

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen
to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your
heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring
you back from captivity.