[bookport] Re: Adobe Acrobat support?

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:20:10 -0400

pdf and lit are two formats that we plan on supporting, but we do not have =
a target date for those two yet.

>>> larry480@xxxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, June 01, 2004 9:31:26 AM >>>
I purchased an e-book from Amazon. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. I had
figured I could use the "save as text" function and then load the text
document into the Bookport. Or at least, I expected I could select and =
copy
pages and paste them in a text document. But both functions (save as text
and copy) were disabled. So if Bookport can support .pdf files, it would
provide users with access to thousands of commercial e-books. But I wonder
if there is some licensing problem with Adobe.

Does anyone know if .pdf support may be coming to Bookport?

Larry