[bookport] Re: A weird braille translation problem

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:14:56 -0600

There are a few more errors, but I can't remember them right now. I'm glad I'm not a programmer, too! There definitely would be a lot more complaining on this list if I were!At 04:10 PM 11/16/2007 -0500, you wrote:

Thanks, Sandy.

I'll pass this along. It's interesting that it handles Deceiving correctly, but not deceived (I'm glad I'm not a programmer). (LOL)

Thanks!

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/16/07 04:02PM >>>
There are still errors in the beta version, but not as many as
before.  For instance, the word "deceived" is pronounced, " D C V
D."  It makes no difference whether it is or is not followed by punctuation.

At 03:17 PM 11/16/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Don:
>
>We are testing a Beta version which has better translation tables in
>them.  Unless we encounter problems, I'd expect it to be released
>soon, so that'll be something to look forward to.
>

>Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
>American Printing House For The Blind
>1839 Frankfort Ave.
>Louisville, KY  40206
>
>PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>Hello,
>
>I hope I can verbalize this in a way which makes at least a
>modicum of sense.
>
>I recently downloaded a book from Web Braille and dumped it into
>my Bookport via the transfer software.  This file of course had a
>.brf extention.  But, when I read it on the Bookport, I find
>numerous translation errors, some of which are quite strange.
>For example, the word "wife" is translated "wifevery," as if the
>e at the end of the word "wife" was being translated as every.
>Sometimes, dots 2 3 and 5 up against another word which should
>represent the word "to," are read as 6.  I won't mention all of
>these problems here, but these are typical.
>
>I am not a beta tester so am not using a beta.  Off hand, I do
>not know the version number for the transfer software or for the
>firmware in the Bookport which is almost one year old.
>
>I will test more extensively and get back with you on this.  In
>the meantime, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to
>what may be causing this behavior and suggest a possible fix.
>
>Thanks much.
>
>Don Roberts
>

>--
>I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>It has removed 6810 spam emails to date.
>Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen
to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your
heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring
you back from captivity.