[bookport] Re: 4GB Flash Card

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 04:30:44 -0600

That card should be fine.

Crucial isn't exactly an off brand, either. They give you lifetime warranties with their products.At 09:40 PM 12/3/2006, Kelly Pierce wrote:
Last week I shared my difficulties with a Crucial 4GB flash card. I received the helpful suggestion that this brand falls into the category of off-brand and generic cards, which generally do not work with the BP. I then contacted the place from where I bought the card and returned it by mail on Wednesday.

It was suggested that I buy a Sandisk or Kingston card. I want to be sure that I purchase a functional card. I found the following Sandisk 4GB CF card for sale:

Manufacturer:
SanDisk Corporation
Mfg Part#: SDCFB-4096-A10
Buy.com Sku: 10369455
Item#: CRH2KG
Buy.com Sales Rank: 1244

The manufacturer's website describes the product thusly:

SanDisk Standard CompactFlash® Card 4GB
SDCFB-4096

Features:

. High transfer rate for fast copying and downloading
. Built to last, with an operating shock rating of 2,000Gs, equivalent to a ten-foot drop
. 5-year limited warranty

Is anyone using this particular CF card in their Book Port successfully? I want to be confident that a particular 4GB card will work.

Kelly

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you,? says the Lord. ?They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you,? says the Lord.