[bookcourier] Re: which one to buy?

  • From: "Greg Epley" <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:34:54 -0500

It also bears pointing out that generally - and do note the use of the word
"generally" here folks - that many persons who go blind later in life either
never learn braille or aren't very proficient at it.  I can't justify the
cost of a notetaker, like many people; however, at the same time, I doubt
I'll ever learn braille at my age, because for me it's such a minor
inconvenience not knowing any braille.  I have used the voice memo feature
of the BC, but doubt I'll use it in its present form much because it does
need some additional work to make it as easy to use as the tiny voice
recorder I currently use for such notes.  Argueably, voice notes are not one
and the same as the notes on a notetaker, but some of us can't afford the
over priced notetakers, nor do we know braille, so are left with voice
notes.
-Greg