[bookcourier] Transfer Tool Queue

  • From: Katie Walker <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:02:12 -0800

Hi Brian,

I just tested the queue feature in the Transfer Tool to make sure we don't have a bug. The only strangeness I ran into was that the Transfer Tool doesn't save the queue after you close the application. It's probably always worked that way, but the documentation doesn't spell it out. When you go through the process, make sure you delete the default destination folder name or replace it with one you want. If you're still having trouble, please email me at support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll try to help you out.

Katie

At 06:27 PM 1/29/2006, you wrote:
HI all. I have both a book courier and a port. For pleasure reading, I actually prefer the courier but there is a feature in the book port software which I have really grown to love and wish we could implement it for the courier.

with book port, there is a send to item created for the book port so you can right click on a file and send it to a queue to be transfered when the unit is next connected.

Since I often send like 60 files at a time, it would be really nice if I could set up a queue of files before I connect the unit and just load it up once the unit is connected.

IN theory, I should be able to queue up files for the bc without having it connected but I have never gotten this to work succesffully. when I queue files up in the transfer tool, they seem to want to go into a folder called "text" which I don't have on my unit and don't particularly want.

any chance of adding this feature to  the book courier?

would be interested if anyone else has had success setting up a transfer of files in advance and having it work properly.

Brian.

Katie Walker
Springer Design, Inc.
katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx