[bookcourier] Enhancement request

  • From: "Debee Norling" <debee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookcourier" <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:27:36 -0800

With the new update and the attempt to insulate users from raw filenames,
there's a confusing dialog box:

BookCourier Transfer Tool
MAYO CLINIC HEALTH LETTER is already on the device
Do you want to continue and overwrite this file?
Yes No

The problem with this dialog box is that you don't get many choices. I
transfer lots of multi-volume Braille books and magazines, and usually just
let the file titles be the same thing, since the filenames were different.

Now the transfer tool requires that all file titles/descriptions, whatever
you call them, be unique.

That's great, but if you forget you're stuck. You can't choose cancel and go
back and rename. You can't rename right there in that dialog, which would be
best. You can only choose to transfer a file or not, and if you just pasted
thirty files to the clipboard you have to transfer all of them or shut the
PC off.

Also, I still really would like a file move feature. Too often I transferred
a file to the wrong folder. I can carefully move it with Windows Explorer,
but I know it is preferable to use the transfer tool.

--Debee