Re: [book_talk] now reading

  • From: Audrey <waterdiva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "book_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <book_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:09:21 -0500

By the way Frank, I did enjoy that first bit of your book.
Got distracted when I meant to reply, by the phone quitting and me plugging it
back in.  I did think about where Don's name could be changed to; he, in
several places, but still left as Don in few strategic places where the
statement is more weighty in terms of a serious part of his character.
I think it's a cool tool to use when writing first general story drafts though,
because it really helps keep all the characters sorted out, and is easier to go
back and decide where the pronouns can be used and every thing will flow
clearly, later.  I can appreciate keeping track of the characters.

I know it drives me nuts to have to backtrack several times in a book to figure
out which character said what, or who it was that just did an action.
I know it's partly cause I read sleepy, but still, today for example, I've had
to play back several sections of this James Burke book to keep the characters
straight.  I've almost given it up because of that, even though it is action
packed.  On the other hand, I've never had to backtrack like that in an Alafair
Burke book.  This is the first one I've read of her dad's books however.  So I
might just not be used to his style yet.  I'm not reading them in order, but
have heard they can stand alone.
Audrey

Sent from my iPhone