Re: [book_talk] have been away off and on, mostly off, trying to fix computer situation.

  • From: "Sharon S" <koala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <book_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 22:03:35 +1100

Hi Audrey, it appears you have been having quite a hard time with technoligy
lately. I know a bit about computers however allot of what you have said
goes straight over my head. I am running windows ExP home and just did an
update yesterday. Now you have me wondering if it has caused issues with my
computer too. I have been trying to play a Solitaire game ever since the
upgrade and I was thinking it was something wrong with the game so I tried
to remove it and re install it. However the computer froze during the re
install and doing the normal control, alt, delete had no luck so I have to
turn the computer off with the power button. I was lucky however because the
computer would still work so I was able to save and close the rest of the
things I had opened it was just the instalation that froze.

Well I have written to the maker of the game and if I have no luck with them
then I will see if my brother has any ideas. My brother is in I T so
hopefully he will have the fix for me.

Well better go I have a few things still to do before going to bed and I
have a trial walk tomorrow with a possible new seeing eye dog.

Bye for now.
From Shaz.