[boo] Re: LaVoy Finicum Was Not Murdered. He Forced Oregon Police To Shoot Him.

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: boo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 22:31:31 -0800

Yes, this is how it appears. However, the woman in Finicum's car (not sure which woman) said that there was an argument when the car was stopped before Finicum took off, apparently with the arguer (Bundy maybe?) presumably telling him to stay and Finicum saying "I'm going to see Chief Grasty, I'm going to talk to Grasty", then speeding off. After the car got stuck in the snowbank, she said he got out of the rig with his hands up saying Shoot me dead! Shoot me dead! and, she said, they did.

When I watched the video, it seemed to me he immediately jumped out of the car and ran, stumbled, through the snow with his hands up to a point far enough from his rig to keep any bullets intended for himself not to hit the people in his truck. Then he put his hands down and did as the gun rights website guy said, deliberately making the motions of going for his gun, making it necessary for the officers to shoot him. He really did have no intention of being arrested and, as he had said many times, would rather die than be taken into custody. But my sense was he didn't want to make that choice for the others and so got away from the vehicle before making the officers shoot him. I can see no other reason for his actions.

Although there are plenty of folks, like this gun rights commentator, who think the federal government is a bully, very few militia folks (other than the super radicals) seem to think the Bundy militia did their cause any favors by vandalizing the refuge and terrorizing the town of Burns. At least, from the youtube videos I've watched of various militia folks around the country, that seems to be the case. They appear to me to be uniformly angry about the Hammonds' sentences but, at least from the comments on the videos, most don't think the Bundy militia did the Hammonds any favors by taking over the refuge. I think that may be borne out by how few militia folks have heeded the rallying cry to come to Burns and protest... at least so far.

Has anyone found the comments on sites (even the anti-government sites) to be more in favor of the Bundy militia's actions at Malheur than opposed?

On 1/31/2016 6:14 PM, Laura874 wrote:

This is an interesting analysis from a Gun Rights website (courtesy Les
Zaitz)

http://bearingarms.com/lavoy-finicum-murdered-forced-oregon-police-shoot/

Laura

--