[boo] Burns, Malheur

  • From: jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: BOO List <boo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:57:01 -0600

Back from a few hours Sat evening and Sunday a.m.

Posters are up around town promoting a candidate to replace the county commissioner (judge)as Steve Grassley is retiring. Poster says that her position includes returning federally held lands and decisions to the locals. Name .... Leathers King.

I told the motel manager that I was in Burns to go birding around town and Malheur. She said she didn't like geese in her pasture because the bacteria in their droppings caused health problems for her horses, so she always sent her dog out to haze them away if geese came to her property. Does anyone know of any truth to that comment about bacteria from goose poo? I was starting to ask her to tell me more about it but another customer came in and I lost the chance to explore it.

Totally dry along Ruh-Red, along 205 including the Narrows and along Sod House Lane. Good that refuge staff are back to work and can manage water for the birds. I kept my bins visible at all times, and waved at every vehicle that passed. All but one waved back.

Perhaps some of the funds donated can help to grade the road from Sod House to Field Station. It is horribly wash boarded. Judy Meredith, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx

POST: Send email to boo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
HELP: Contact boo-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx