A Bobsy Talk Email: Re: At Leguna Seca

  • From: Robert Alder <r.alder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bobsy Talk <bobsy_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:46:42 -0600

On 8/24/2017 11:35 PM, Don Anderson wrote:

It was GREAT to get the 3 Bobsy's together, both on the track and in the Paddock.
It was my pleasure to offer any guidance I could over the weekend.
As the Group 7A Steward, I felt terrible that the driving of some of the competitors was so awful, which ruined the sessions for the rest of us. There were many yellow flags, from cars spun off, safety cars for incidents, and full course black flags bringing the field into pit lane while they cleared the track.
And, worst of all, Dick got the side of his SR-6 crunched !
I found this to be a less rewarding experience than my previous 18 years running my Bobsy-Porsche at Monterey. I hope that this does not persist, and that it has not soured the Monterey flavor for the entrants.
I will do everything I can to see that the "Promoters" scrutinize the drivers more closely, AND penalize the offenders severely. But, I am just a driver/entrant, with no real say in the management of the event.
Don

Sorry to hear.  Indeed, not good. Hope Dick's damage was minimal and just cosmetic.
Bob Alder