[blindza] Pub to pub walk involving a bit of fundraising for GDSA

  • From: <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:18:53 +0200

Ok, Pieter van Niekerk will currently have a bit more info/details, but one
of the guys my side has started arranging a pub to pub walk here in
Kempton, on the 28th November, which will involve a bit of fundraising
towards guide dogs SA, and should be putting pamphlet up on my website
within the next day or so, and will let you know whatever else find out.

Basically it will involve participants starting off at most likely the pub
where we had my blindie movie night, and walking around pub to pub in that
area, and we will also most likely be getting the guys to try out one or
two other activities to get an idea of how VI guys do things, like wearing
blindfolds a bit, trying to walk a bit with a cane, etc. etc., but not sure
yet, and we haven't put together all the details as of yet, but, it's
actually another guy, Tim arranging this, and he's done similar things for
other bits of fundraising in the past anyway, and the local pub owners are
coming together on this one as well, and I think they'll also be targeting
the biker community as participants as well, but let's see...

I know they'll also be covering this a bit in the local newspaper, the
Kempton Express, and those guys should be contacting me for a bit of
personal info at some stage as well.

Anyway, if you want any more info etc. contact me, and can pass on Tim's
phone number etc.

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za