[blindza] Re: How To Find a Specific Sound Effect

  • From: Gavin Grundlingh <g.batworx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:12:17 +0200

Hi Jacob,

I'm subscribed to the Audyssey list, so I'll post this question there as well. Thanks for the tip about Audacity. I'm a GoldWave / Adobe Audition user myself, so I've never tried Audacity.

On 11/11/2015 14:08, Jacob Kruger wrote:

Gavin, what have done in past to extract small sound effects/clips from film soundtracks, etc. is if you can find an example in a youtube clip, then you can always use youtube-mp3.org to download it as an .mp3 file, and then use something like audacity to just extract the specific sound effect?

Alternatively, I do also belong to the one audio game developers' mailing list, and maybe some of the other guys on there could give you more info about this type of thing - only issue is one of the primary contributors, who is also the moderator will be offline for a little while shortly, due to health issues, but, shouldn't stop you from being able to subscribe if you want:
developers-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HTH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gavin Grundlingh" <g.batworx@xxxxxxxxx>