[blindza] Fw: blind archer set the first world records at the Olympicgames.

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 18:23:36 +0200

----- Original Message ----- A blind archer from South Korea has set the first world records at this year's

Olympic games.

In the men's archery competition on Friday, Im Dong-Hyun scored 699 points
with 72 arrows. This beats his own record of 696 set in May.

He also teamed up with Kim Bub-min and Oh Jin-hyek to break another record:
scoring 2,087 points with 216 arrows, which beat the previous record by 18
points.

Im, 26, is blind in his left eye with 20/200 vision, while his right eye has
20/100 vision. As a result, he must be 10 times closer to see something than
a person with 20/20 vision.

He won gold medals at the 2004 and 2008 Olympics.

But he's waiting before concentrating on adding to that collection for this
year's games.

"This is just the first round so I will not get too excited by it," he said.

His coach, Jan Young-Sool, warned his team about complacency before medals.

"We will have a day of rest now and prepare for tomorrow," said Jang.
http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/07/blind-archer-sets-olympic-records

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za