[blindza] Cool Runnings

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:22:44 +0200

Ok, not sure if this is really relevant, but last night went to a gig at cool
runnings in fourways, and while they wouldn't normally charge entry fees, since
there were like 4 bands playing, there was a guy sitting outside asking R50
entry fees, but when me and my friend rocked up, he made a funny gesture
closing his hand, but with index and little fingers up - have been told in past
that it's common sign language for I love you, but don't think this was
relevant at all - and he pointed the two fingers at his face and then pointed
them down, and we were told that disabled people don't have to pay an entry fee.

I found out that another friend of mine with a prosthetic leg also got the same
treatment, hand gesture and all, but just not sure if this was specific to this
one occasion, or to cool runnings fourways, or cool runnings in general that
they don't want to charge disabled people entry fees for things like this gig
last night.

Anyway, might not be relevant to much, since one of my friends is in the sort
of headline band from last night, so it's also just possible he arranged this,
but he hadn't mentioned it to me at all, and just funny that the guy at the
door made a specific hand gesture as such or something before letting me in for
free - was only R50, but still...<smile>