[blindza] Another relatively simplistic use of the vOICe mobile phone version

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:32:17 +0200

I connected a second hand monitor to my desktop PC that had gotten from a
friend of mine after my old, rather unused (the monitor of the old school
variety actually uses more electricity than other general parts of a computer,
so don't generally bother using one since it's no use to me...<smile>) had
stopped working as such, now, and wanted to make sure it was actually turning
on/operating, so, opened a empty instance of notepad, since that has a white
background, made sure it was maximised to fill most of screen, and then aiming
the mobile phone version of the vOICe at the screen, I turned it on, and you
could hear a definite difference when it then 'saw' the large white shape in
front of it, as opposed to when, if the monitor is turned off, there's just a
large black square there in front of it.

This is relatively simple, and not too important, but still worked well/easily
enough.