[blindreplay] Re: convertion

  • From: "Robin Plitt" <plittr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 20:08:43 -0500

Converting to mp3 will always cause some loss.

You might want to look at the bit rate of the file you captured in Real player and match that rate.

I record a lot of spoken word, and transfer talking books to digtital formats at 64kbs without too many "artifacts" or distracting changes to the sound.

The lowest quality mp3 for stereo music that I've been able to tolerate is 128, but that is music and would contain more information.

Rememer, that converting to a higher bitrate than your original file won't gain anything.

Good luck,

Robin

----- Original Message ----- From: "john snowling" <johnsnowling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>