[blindreplay] Re: Replay Music issue.

  • From: "Bob Campbell" <robert-c@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:49:02 -0700

Applian is working on the issue with the genpuid.exe. AVG anti virus is one
such product attempting to block genpuid.exe. The developer said he is
working on this.

This .exe file is used to name your tracks with a name like artist and
album. Personally I thought the gracenote was a better service.

Hi Petro.

Is this why the older versions of RM worked better naming tracks?
I have noticed since version 3.0 or maybe even 2.8, it is not as good at
finding title and track/artist info.
I used to be able to play a song from a stream while running Replay Music
and bingo! there it was.  name, artist and even the album it was from.
I enjoyed  that because it enabled me to learn about which albums to buy as
well as who recorded the music.
Now, 80 % of the time I get
"Track not recognized."
Well, Duh, I already didn't   recognize the thing.

Why did they fix it when it wasn't broke?
I wish it still used
Gracenote.exe like the earlier versions.
Please Applian, bring it back.----- Original Message -----