[blindprogramming] Re: Css accessibility

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindprogramming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindprogramming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:56:10 +0000

Hi,
If you use JAWS, the only way I can think of that might help with this is to
use a sound scheme or turn this on in the configuration manager. Personally,
I'd use a sound scheme. You can go in and tell JAWS to tell you when font names
and sizes change. In CSS, text styles can include other things like indent, so
you'd have to turn on indentation speaking. The only thing is, though, you
probably wouldn't know if a style changed, or if you happened to run into a
piece of static text that was different from the previous one you were reading.
JAWS doesn't tell you that a piece of text you are not actively reading has
changed. You'd probably need to use Accessible Rich Internet Applications
technology for that. You could probably get that to tell you that CSS has
changed, but that would annoy me if I had to read the page.

Jim