Blind mum achieves dream

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:44:49 -0400

This is Wirral (UK)
Monday, October 15, 2007

Blind mum achieves dream

By Kelly Fenna

"During the last few miles I didn't have a clue how we were doing for time but
as I tired I heard people calling my name and cheering me on." Sue Hadley

A BLIND mum-of-one has raised more than £500 for charity after completing the
Great North Run in less than two hours.

Sue Hadley from Bebington lost her eyesight completely last year but it didn't
stop her pounding the pavements in preparation for the national event.

Accompanied by guide runner Garry Wells, Sue managed the half marathon in an
impressive one hour, 59 minutes and 14 seconds.

She has raised over £500 for Wirral Society of the Blind and Partially Sighted
of which she is chair.

"I am delighted that I have achieved a dream that I didn't think was possible,"
said Sue.

"Last year I was partially sighted when I did the run so this year was even
more challenging - and I beat my personal best which I am amazed about.

"During the last few miles I didn't have a clue how we were doing for time but
as I tired I heard people calling my name and cheering me on.

"I would like to thank everyone who helped me with my training - without them I
don't think I would have been able to get back into running after losing my
sight earlier this year."

Lynne Sedgwick from WSBPS said: "We are delighted with Sue and very proud of
her for completing this challenge, and despite the difficulties she has faced
this year, Sue has remained positive and continued her challenges. The money
she has raised just keeps on pouring in."

2:21pm Monday 15th October 2007

http://www.thisiswirral.co.uk/display.var.1761025.0.blind_mum_achieves_dream.php
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.