[blindeudora] Re: transferring from hard drive to mailbox

  • From: ratshtron <northstar1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 21:45:22 -0600

o.k. what you need to do is open the folder on your hard drive with eudora and then move the messages out of that folder to the on you have in eudora. if the folder on your hard drive has the same name, i would change it to something else so i would kow which one is which. the folder on your hard drive does have a .mbx extention doesn't it? if so, just give it a short name like oldmail.mbx and then copy that folder in to the eudora folder where all of all the other .mbx files exist. when you start eudora, it will create a .toc file for that folder and you can then open that mailbox and move the messages out of it to the other folder. then you can simply delete the oldmail.mbx and oldmail.toc files out of the eudora folder. i hope i made since of all of this.

Legend has it that on Friday 11/6/2015 09:26 PM, Bud Schwab said:

The files are actually a couple of emails that I put into a folder called information letters on the hard drive. I also have a folder called information letters in my Eudora mailboxes and I was trying to put them there and then eliminate that information folder on the hard drive.Thanks.
Bud At 07:16 PM 11/6/2015, you wrote:
what kind of files are you trying to place in eudora mailbox?

Legend has it that on Friday 11/6/2015 07:48 PM, Bud Schwab said:
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to move a couple files from the hard drive to a mailbox in eudora. I've tried copy and paste and it doesn't work. Any ideas as how it can be done?
Thanks.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
El Segundo, California