[blindeudora] Re: security errors in Eudora 7.1and some questions

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:32:48 -1000

Aloha John,
I don't know the anser to this in any technical way, but it seems that if a person is running a good virus protection program, we are probably not at anymore risk than with other programs, such as Outlook.

My half cent worth, Betsy

At 02:23 PM 6/19/2008, you wrote:
Hello,
I was told by another former Eudora user that Eudora has several security holes which will never be fixed.
He recommended I change to thunderbird.
It wouldn't surprise me to see that Eudora 7 has security holes and that they will never be fixed. For those who have tried thunderbird, is it accesible and worth upgrading to? Is Eudora 8 as accessible as thunderbird.
Am I at any great risk staying with Eudora 7?
Thanks!
John

                John Gassman
mailto:johngassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Recognition Of The Problem is 51% Of The Solution

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora