[blindeudora] Re: moving eudora emails and address books to a new computer

  • From: Leonard Salinas <okiespirit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:13:06 -0500

 it depends on how you installed eudora. if you used custom folders,
everything is you need to copy is under c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora. in
fact, you can simply copy the c:\program files\qualcomm folder to a cd and
after you reinstall eudora on your new computer, simply copy the qualcomm
folder back to the c:\program files folder. but if you installed eudora with
the data in the c:\documents and settings\applicatioons\username\ ect, its
going to be a little more involved. to a point. actually, all you need to
copy if the .mbx files and the nddbase.txt and nndbase.txt for the
addresses.your history is stored in the history.lst file. you don't have to
save the .toc fies because they are recreated by eudora.
on Saturday 10/30/2004 09:57 PM, John Gasman said:
Hi all,
I have backed up my files and placed them into my Eudora folder on my new
computer.
How do I get the in and out boxes plus various mailing list folders to move
into their respective mailboxes on the new computer?

How also do I get my old address book to place all the names and emails
into the Eudora address book on my new computer?
I also am having a problem moving the filter and signatures to the new
computer.

I'm using Home XP with JAWS 5.1 and the most current version of Eudora.
  thanks!
John

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora[1]

Leonard Salinas
--
"I've noticed that the press tends to be quite accurate, except
when they're writing on a subject I know something about."

--- Links ---
   1 //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
   4 ftp://okie.sytes.net/
   5 http://www.coreytk.com/jfw