[blindeudora] Re: disappearing inbox messages

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:06:54 -0600

Well, again, I did rename those .001 and .002 inboxes to another name dot mbx and did not find any of the missing emails.

that is when I came squalling for help!

At 01:02 PM 1/4/2012, you wrote:
hmmm, very strange. i have had the same problem a few times and this helped in retrieving missing emails.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 1/4/2012 10:30 AM, Curtis Delzer said:
I did do that, renamed both *.001 etc. to "older.mbx," and "oldest.mbx" without success.
Perplexing?

I even deleted the descmap files to make sure Eudora found them, no luck.

At 09:30 AM 1/4/2012, you wrote:
look for in.001 , in.002, or in.003 and see if you can rename that to in.mbx and you will find your messages. look for the largest size in those three files. you could even rename that file to something else so you can move the messages from that new folder (mailbox) bac in to your in.mbx mailbox. just be sure to give a .mbx extention. it will create a new .toc file for the mailbox when you open it with eudora.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 1/4/2012 09:26 AM, Curtis Delzer said:
Hi there all!  Catrina, I sure hope you can help me, or anyone else!
I opened a message from Radioshack, which I have probably done a hundred times in the past, and my computer froze.
(windows 7, home premium, sp1, 64 bit, plenty of ram, disc space,
When I re-booted my computer, brought up Eudora, only 2 messages were then downloaded and 2 messages instead of 850 (something) were there in my inbox. I figured, right away the indexing files were corrupted, so deleted the toc files, all for the inbox, but very few came back. I looked in the trash figuring that something highlighted all of them in some way and they got moved there. No! Maybe moved somewhere else?
I don't think so, yet, am still looking for my disappeared mail.
Any ideas at all? In all my 17 or so years of using Eudora I've never seen this happen, once, and I've handled hundreds of thousands of messages, probably closer to millions.
Oh where, oh where, did my messages all go?
Oh where, oh where can they be?
I need to read them, read them all so!
Oh where, oh where can they be!

Curtis Delzer.