[blindeudora] Re: certificate error?

  • From: Brad Dunse <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 04:31:35 -0500

This is what worked for me when I had this issue. This however, did not help my friend's situation.

1. Open Eudora
2. Go to Tools then to Personalities
3. Right click on your personality and choose properties.
4. In the Generic Properties tab, find the Last SSL button and click it. If it tells you that you've not tried to use SSL yet, then set Eudora to "Required Start TLS," try retrieving mail and repeat above steps.
5. In the dialog box that opens, click the Certificate Manager Info button.
6. There should be a certificate server name at the top you'll need to accept. Keep right arrowing through the tree menu until you get to the end.
7. Click the button Add to Trusted.
8. It will take 15-30 seconds or so for that button to disappear once it is accepted. 9. Return setting to, "If available Start TLS." Note, this setting is dependent upon your mail server's requirements. You may need to check with your provider for proper setting.

Then go to the Incoming Mail tab area and do same as above (listed again below).

1. In the Generic Properties tab, find the Last SSL button and click it. If it tells you that you've not tried to use SSL yet, then set Eudora to "Required Start TLS," try retrieving mail and repeat above steps.
2. In the dialog box that opens, click the Certificate Manager Info button.
3. There should be a certificate server name at the top you'll need to accept. Keep right arrowing through the tree menu until you get to the end.
4. Click the button Add to Trusted.
5. It will take 15-30 seconds or so for that button to disappear once it is accepted. 6. Return setting to, "If available Start TLS." Note, this setting is dependent upon your mail server's requirements. You may need to check with your provider for proper setting.

You should be able to get mail and not be bothered with the certificate error now. You may have to close Eudora and re-open.

On Sunday 3/8/2015 09:14 PM, Ann Byrne said:
Has this been solved? A friend just phoned to report that although she can send mail with eudora, she cannot receive it. the message has to do with a certificate, and neither yes nor no will allow her to read mail.

If this has been solved, please let me know the solution.

Much thanks,

Ann

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora