[blindeudora] Re: can't send email message to groups

  • From: Greg Daniel <gdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 14:16:14 -0400

Thank you, Donna; I knew that emailing the list would work, as it is one message. My problem is with sending to one email address which itself contains a group of email addresses I.E., a group of high school classmates, etc.

Greg Daniel

At 11:48 AM 9/29/2017, you wrote:

your messag is hereAt 06:54 AM 9/29/2017, you wrote:
9:41 AM 9/29/2017

fellow Eudora users:

I am using Eudora V7.1.9 on Windows 7 32-bit machine with Window-Eyes. I've been a Eudora user since 1992. As part of my involvement with volunteer groups, I have been sending out group email messages since 2005, and I strictly obey the restrictions which my ISP--Spectrum--has set up. There are restrictions for maximum number of email addresses in a group, as well as maximum number of email messages per day. All has been going well until three days ago.

Now, I can't send out email by referencing the group name which contains the names which ultimately reference the email addresses themselves. I've spoken to my ISPand, of course, they don't support Eudora, and haven't for years. I've told them that if they can keep the Pop3 server working, I'll deal with the email issues. I haven't changed any settings, as there was no need to do so while everything was working. The issue could be a timeout one, but of course no one is admitting anything from the ISP end of things.

During my phone conversation with the ISP yesterday, they gave me an 800 number which purportedly supports Eudora users:
1-800-299-0962

Does anyone have experience with this number?

I've reinstalled Eudora and rebooted my computer, all to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and thank you.

Greg Daniel

Columbus, Ohio

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
Send all list problems or inquires to: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx