[blindeudora] Re: To Danny about installing Eudora

  • From: Donna <donnam1014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 15:07:29 -0700

What about in control pannel and program files.. DonnaAt 03:03 PM 8/26/2015, you wrote:

Hey Danny, I did get it downloaded ok and tried to install it but it stopped after starting to install saying the program stopped working and they would check the reason and let me know. I tried to get anything having to do with Eudora off the drive before installing the new one but still got the message that there was another eudora running, so I said to go ahead anyway, but as I say it stopped in the middle of installing So I looked and found six Eudora's with today's and Monday's dates. They might just be copies from my trying to install them. They wouldn't delete with just the delete key so I'll have to figure out how to get rid of all that and then try installing again. Any thoughts as to how I could get rid of all those copies? I'll keep you posted as I progress. I still don't know much about windows 10 yet so that's part of the problem.
Thanks.

Bud. 10:29 AM 8/25/2015, you wrote:
Here is the main setup file that you need:

http://www.eudorafaqs.com/files/windows/eudora71/Eudora_7.1.0.9.exe

-Danny

At 09:14 AM 8/25/2015, Bud Schwab wrote:
Hi Danny,
I don't know about separate files, shouldn't it be the complete Eudora program because I'm starting from scratch.
Thanks.

BudAt 09:09 AM 8/25/2015, you wrote:
Bud -

You should be able to find any Eudora files you need here:

http://www.eudorafaqs.com/eudora-files.shtml

If you need something that you cannot find there, let me know and I will check my off-line file collection.

-Danny.

At 08:25 AM 8/25/2015, Bud Schwab wrote:
P.S. I forgot to ask your ideas on where I should download Eudora.
There seems to be a lot of available places but I'd like to use your recommendation.
Thanks.

BudAt 04:42 AM 8/25/2015, you wrote:
Bud -

To start, which version of Eudora did you download and from which site? What sort of installation problem are you having? Specifically, what do you mean when you say "... but it doesn't seem to want to install?" I can provide you with working versions of the Eudora installer, if needed.

The best Eudora option these days is to use version 7.1.0.9, the last Windows version available. You would have to have a very good reason to use something other than that. By the way, as far as I can tell, you are using version 7.1.0.9, correct?

-Danny

At 09:26 PM 8/24/2015, Bud Schwab wrote:
Hi Gang,

My old windows 7 computer crashed so I now have a new Dell with windows10. I want to get my Eudora back and downloaded one from the site but it doesn't seem to want to install.Which one would be best to try for? The site was kind of confusing What I'm using right now is an old Eudora that I had put on a cartridge and am just using it from the drive without putting it on my new computer. Suggestions would be very much appreciated. Windows 10 is quite dawnting after being used to windows 7 but I guess I will gradually learn what I'm doing.

Thanks..

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California