[blindeudora] Re: Temporarily moving mailboxes between 2 computers

  • From: Brad Dunse' <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:31:57 -0500

I don't use this set up but you might try using imap instead of pop email. Here's an article on it from a college server standpoint but its basically the same on any server.

http://www1.umn.edu/adcs/guides/email/imapvspop.html

Brad

On 6/13/2011  01:09 PM Lennie said...
Hi,

I am currently using Eudora on my XP desktop and windows7 computers. When I am away from home, I copy all my nailboxes from the desktop to my laptop using a flash disk.

Before I paste the mailboxes, I delete all the mailboxes on my laptop. I repeat the same steps when I return home and paste the mailboxes on my desktop computer. Incidentally, I also delete the TOC files too and let Eudora create new TOC files.

Is there any better and more efficient way of doing this? Using my method, I encountered some serious problems. Here are the problems.

1. I usually end up with duplicates.
2. I have recovered emails on my desktop which I previously deleted on my laptop and deleted the emails from trash. 3. When I pasted the out mailbox, it now says sendable instead of sent and I cannot change the status.

Also, I even tried to set up temporary mailboxes and just transfer only the new emails back and forth. I do not like this method since I may miss important emails.

The method that I use is very time consuming both in transferring and removing the duplicates and recovered emails. I do hope that someone on this list can help me to find a better way? Unfortunately, we cannot export and import Eudora emails. I make frequent trips with my wife to visit our daughter and I need my laptop to keep myself busy while they are doing their thing.

Any help will greatly be appreciated! I really need it. Maybe someone out there are doing the same thing?

Take care.

ly Lennie

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6203 (20110613) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. --Albert Einstein

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora