[blindeudora] Re: Spam

  • From: Vaughan Dodd <vdodd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:52:22 +1300

virgil: i am not sure what you mean by blocking spam messages, as eudora
does have to collect them and filter them to the junk mailbox.  also: it is
my understanding that your eudora has to be in paid mode.

i have a number of filters, which send spam to my junk
mailbox.  periodically, as i refine the filtering  and scoring, i check the
junk mailbox before its contents ar removed.  my isp helps this, because it
marks dubious messages with (spam) so filteringt is easy.  not foolproof,
but a good start.

vaughan.

how can i block spam messages in eudora?  the support page at virginia tech
contains an elaborate procedure for blocking messages from particular
servers.  even though i blocked some messages, the number had not
decreased.  i will appreciate help from those who have been successful in
blocking such messages.

thank you.

virgil a. cook, ph.d.
associate professor emeritus of english