[blindeudora] Re: NVDA 2012.1 Supports Eudora

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:39:24 -0500

check out

www.nvda-project.org

hth

Doris

At 07:17 AM 1/31/2012 -0800, you wrote:
hi what is n v d a? DonnaAt 05:04 PM 1/30/2012, you wrote:
Life had been too busy for me to follow the development snapshots of nvda recently as I had been in the habit of doing. Thus I was shocked and thrilled at the same time to find out that the upcoming nvda 2012.1, whose beta 1 is currently available, supports cursor tracking in Eudora's native message editor.

I had hoped for and requested this a few times ever since nvda introduced use of display hooks and became able to see the text in Eudora's editor a couple of years ago.

While nvda is not jaws or window eyes and it's support of Eudora is still not quite perfect, it has become very usable. There is no way nvda isable to read the message status graphics ineudora because there is no way these can be llabeled because of nvda's lack of a video intercept but then I hear this is not possible with win eyes under 64bit windows either.

nvda is now at least a very decent backup screenreader that does support Eudora and should work adequately enough for anyone on a budget who wants to stil use Eudora. If you want to try out nvcda's brandnew and shiny support of your favorite Email client, head over to

www.nvda-project.org

and donwload beta 1 of nvda 2012.1. I have tried it here and it seems very solid and quite stable - much more so than final release versions of some commercial screenreaders at times. ;-)

Take care

Doris

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora