[blindeudora] Re: Error reading from network. Cause: Connection closed by foreign host.

  • From: Danny Weiss <dannyw.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 21:45:59 -0700

Dale -

There are several paths you can pursue. Unfortunately, I was not perfectly clear on the additional information needed in my previous response, so let me try again.

1. Does this happen for every e-mail address that you have and use Eudora for? That is, does it happen perhaps with your comcast.net address but not with your gmail.com address (if you have an additional address)?

2. When did this start to occur and what, if anything, was changed in your Eudora configuration or anything else before the problem began?

3. Have you checked to make sure you have the correct port and security settings for downloading your e-mail?

4. Has your ISP changed any of its e-mail connection parameters?

5. Is this a new installation of Eudora on Windows 8.1 or was it an installation that was previously working?

This is just a start to diagnose the issue, as the exact problem is still a bit vaguely defined.

-Danny.

At 07:19 PM 6/1/2015, you wrote:

How often is this happening?

Every attempt to open new Eudora emails.

Typically, it is a time-out issue which can happen once in a while due to a variety of reasons outside of your control. If it persists, then you may have a real issue.

Also, does it happen on a particular domain, all domains, or what?

Only with Eudora.

-Danny.

Many thanks.

Dale
At 02:32 PM 6/1/2015, you wrote:

I have windows 8.1. Ethernet & desktop. Eudora 7.1.0.9.

Anybody have a solution for the following error ?

Error reading from network. Cause: Connection closed by foreign host.

Dale in Mich.