[blindcordcutters] peacock plus works with apple tv and voiceover

  • From: Mary Otten <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcordcutters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 09:56:35 -0800

Hi all,

We have xfinity, so we are suppose to get peacock plus with that. I have found it to be inaccessible on both the fire tv through Amazon and also with the X1 from xfinity itself. But it actually is working with decent accessibility on the apple tv vox. You have to sign in with xfinity credentials, and then get a text code for 2 factor authentication, but once that is done, you can sign in on the apple tv and it works. It does not work with the ios app once you get past the main menu. All I see are a ton of pictures that have text in the image, according to my sighted husband, but vo isn't reading any text to me. So you sign in on your phone or ipad but then end up actually signing in again on the A tv to use the service. Kind of weird, but it works.

Mary