[blindcooks] Shrimp Pasta Salad and Ina Garten's Shrimp Roasting Recipe

  • From: "Susan Tabor" <souljourner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 21:13:05 -0500

Hi, listers!

Some time back I promised to send you a recipe for an excellent shrimp pasta
salad once I got it.  Well, I finally managed to get it!  See it below.
Enjoy!

Susan

Shrimp Pasta Salad From Andrea

Cook 8 oz. of macaroni according to package directions.

1 lb. shrimp   cooked, drained and chopped into chunks

1 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup diced green onions

1/2 cup chopped green pepper

2/3 cup mayonnaise

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon celery seeds

1/4 teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Combine everything in a large dish.  Refrigerate for at least an hour so
flavors can blend.

One thing I like to do is bake the shrimp according to Ina Gartens
recipe...you can get online.  But, the recipe calls for boiled shrimp.

Also, I like to make the dressing and put on drained macaroni while a little
warm and then add vegetables and shrimp.  Also, if you have a zester, I like
to add some lemon zest to the dressing.  You can add a little chopped red
pepper for color.

If not using Ina Garten’s shrimp prep recipe, will sometimes add a little
extra salt and pepper. Some red pepper flakes might also add a nice little
kick.

Here is the recipe for Ina Garten’s roasted shrimp and some information
about it.

We were watching re-runs of Barefoot Contessa the other day (a favorite
pastime of ours), and picked up an interesting tip from the
<http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/kitchen-design/city-kitchen-country-kitc
hen-ina-gartens-two-kitchens-082845> lovely Ina Garten. She says that for
almost any recipe she makes using shrimp, she prefers to roast the shrimp in
the oven to cook it. Find out why - and how - below!

Ina Garten says that roasting will caramelize the shrimp slightly and
concentrate their flavor, making this mild shellfish taste sweeter and more
intense. We imagine that it's similar to throwing shrimp on the grill,
<http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/recipe-grilled-shrimp-with-thyme-adobo-a
nd-smoked-paprika-091310> something we love!

She recommends tossing the shrimp (peeled and de-veined) with olive oil,
salt, and pepper, and then spreading them out in a single layer on a sheet
pan. Roast them in a 400° oven for 6-8 minutes until pink and firm. At this
point, you can set them aside and add them to your recipe at the last
minute.