[blindcooks] LAYERED DORITOS CASSEROLE-cup of recipes

  • From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "2006 Christmas Recipe" <2006ChristmasRecipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 12:06:37 -0800

Making this tonight maybe?
LAYERED DORITOS CASSEROLE
1 (family size) bag Doritos, any flavor (I used Nacho Cheese)
1 onion, diced
1 pound lean ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1 package low sodium taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheese, (I used tex mex blend)

Optional toppings
Lettuce
Tomato
Olives
Sour Cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place salsa in a strainer to drain while
preparing beef.

Cook ground beef with onion and garlic until no pink remains. Add
taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Stir until thickened and remove
from heat.

In a large bowl, combine drained salsa, sour cream, soup and 1 cup
of cheese. Add in beef and stir well.

Slightly crush Doritos (not completely, you don't want crumbs).
Layer 1&1/2 cups Doritos in the bottom of a casserole dish (mine
was 2qt) . Top with 1/2 of the beef mixture. Repeat layers. Finally
top with an additional 1 to 1 1/2 cups Doritos and remaining
cheese.

Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray and cover casserole. Bake
30 minutes covered, remove foil and bake uncovered for an
additional 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with lettuce,
tomatoes and olives if desired.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, Let me walk upon the
waters
Wherever You would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior."
~So blessed,Sugar