[blindcooks] Grilled Chicken Tortas

  • From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "2006 Christmas Recipe" <2006ChristmasRecipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 08:38:56 -0700

Grilled Chicken Tortas
4 large skinned and boned chicken breast halves
1 (16-ounce) container refrigerated hot chile salsa
1/4 cup tequila
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 poblano peppers
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans or black beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 (6-inch) crusty sandwich rolls, split
3 avocados, peeled and mashed
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to
1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Stir together salsa and next 3 ingredients. Remove 1 cup mixture, and set
aside remaining mixture.
Place chicken in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour 1
cup salsa mixture over chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning
occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
Grill peppers, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350F to 400F)
5 to 7 minutes, turning often, until peppers look blistered.
Place peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10
minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds. Cut peppers
into thin strips; set aside.
Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350F to 400F)
about 5 minutes on each side or until done. Cool slightly. Cut chicken into
thin slices, and sprinkle evenly with salt.
Stir together beans and olive oil in a 1-quart glass bowl, and microwave at
HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once.
Spread beans evenly over bottom halves of rolls. Spread avocado over top
halves of rolls. Top bottom halves evenly with chicken, pepper strips,
cheese, and top halves of rolls. Serve with reserved salsa mixture. Makes 8
servings.
. . .
(nutritional info not available)

'All that I have seen teaches me to trust God for all I have not seen.'
~Be Blessed,Sugar