[blindcooks] Re: Egg flip versions of eggnog

  • From: "A Chew" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "a1chew" for DMARC)
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 11:10:30 -0700

just to add to the disussion about cooking eggs.

if you ever wondered about the differance between creaps and scrambled eggs...

in general creaps are cooked over high heat...

trying to dry the eggs mixture quickly.

scrambled eggs are cooked over low to meddium heat,

as you are trying to add steam to the cooking mixture...

thus creating the fluffy texture.

On 4/1/2017 10:40 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

The recent discussion of scrambled eggs, for whatever reason, brought this to mind.

Anyway, while I know the term eggnog also pretty much applies, back in sighted school days, if we were heading off to athletics practice before a normal school day, we wanted to avoid any form of solid food, but needed some form of relatively protein rich food, so some of us opted for what we, for whatever reason, referred to as an egg flip.

Effectively, it was one raw egg, combined with milk, some forms of soluble cereal, as well as various forms of flavouring, like vanilla essence, sugar, maybe some cinnamon, and/or milk flavourants, raspberry syrup, etc. - sure you get the idea.

We'd then, generally use a blender to mix it all up, and take it with to athletics practice in something like a thermos flask, to drink partly before, as well as afterwards.

And, this was before things like the locally branded yogi-sip cartons came onto the market.

Just wondering if, besides actual alcoholic eggnog, any of you have thoughts and/or ideas on this type of thing?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger

Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

--

A Chew

In Sharks territory
Not a Stanley Cup Team