[blindchristian] Time in His Presence, October 9, 2015

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Carolyn Arnold" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 06:41:17 -0500

View in your browser

Friday, October 9, 2015

Time in His Presence

The one thing I ask of the Lord--the thing I seek most--is to live in the
house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's
perfections and meditating in his Temple.

-Psalm 27:4

David loved to be in God's presence. He just couldn't get enough. That's a
wonderful thing to realize. He wrote, "The one thing I ask of the Lord-the
thing I seek most-is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my
life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple"
(Psalm 27:4).

Under the old covenant, the Jewish people were represented by the high
priest who would go into the temple and offer a sacrifice to God.

The good news for us is that we don't have to go to a building to have an
encounter with God. Because of what Christ did on the cross of Calvary, we
have access to the Lord anytime, anywhere. Hebrews 10:11-12 says, "Under the
old covenant, the priest stands and ministers before the altar day after
day, offering the same sacrifices again and again, which can never take away
sins. But our High Priest offered himself to God as a single sacrifice for
sins, good for all time." We can enter into God's presence wherever we are.

Did you know that your car or truck can be a sanctuary? Why not use your
time on the road to build yourself up spiritually? You could listen to Bible
teaching or Christian music. By the time you arrive at your destination, you
will have learned something or glorified God through your worship. You can
encounter God wherever you are.

When you make the decision to fellowship with other believers, to worship
the Lord, and to listen to the Word of God, this is a very good choice.

That was David's focus. No wonder he was called a man after God's own heart.
The desire to be in God's presence was at the forefront of his life.

Share this today:

Did you know that your car or truck can be a sanctuary? You could listen to
Bible teaching or Christian music. By the time you arrive at your
destination, you will have learned something or glorified God through your
worship. You can encounter God wherever you are.

Dig Deeper:

Today's Radio Program

"Things That Make the Holy Spirit Sad-2"

This Week's TV Program

"Happiness: What It Is and How to Experience It, Part 1"

Today's Bible Reading

Nehemiah 1-2; Psalm 133; Luke 22

Follow Pastor Greg

Happiness

Support and receive this gift of thanks from Harvest Ministries >

Noted theologian Randy Alcorn dispels centuries of misconceptions about
happiness and provides indisputable proof that God not only wants us to be
happy, He commands it. This book is a wake-up call for the church and
Christians everywhere.

Copyright C 2015 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.

You received this because you signed up for our e-mails. Update your
preferences, or unsubscribe from ALL Harvest mailings.

Harvest Ministries with Greg Laurie

P.O. Box 4000, Riverside, CA 92514-4000 Phone: 1-800-821-3300

Victoria E Gilkerson